How does commitment to a university become so significant that it prompts giving that can impact generations of students? Are donors motivated by their own experiences, memories of friends and mentors, or aspirations to fund cutting edge research, teaching, and service?
At Indiana University, authentic and trusting partnerships pave the way for donors to invest in the causes they believe in, resulting in the creation of knowledge, of opportunity, and of beauty across campus.
The Spirit of Generosity: Shaping IU through Philanthropy shares compelling stories of thirteen partnerships that have advanced the common good at Indiana University. These relationships, though unique, are founded on the understanding that gifts reflect the values and dreams of donors. Whether giving endows a chair, funds scholarships, or renovates buildings, it is infused with deep meaning and leaves a lasting impact on the university community. This book honors the generosity of spirit that motivates philanthropy and helps Indiana University fulfill its mission to provide broad access to education, excel in innovative research and teaching, and improve the human condition.
- publisherIndiana University Press
- publisher placeBloomington, Indiana USA
- restrictionsNo part of this book may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
- rightsCopyright © Curtis R. Simic and Sandra Bate. All rights reserved.
- rights holderCurtis R. Simic and Sandra Bate